The PMP® Exam Is Changing July 31st, 2013
Additional PMI-Related Exams Are Changing—Learn More Here
As you may already be aware, The Project Management Institute (PMI) has released a new edition of The PMBOK® Guide in January 2013. This change triggers brand new PMI-related certification exams in 2013. In effort to provide you what you need to know, RMC has created this helpful Q&A page. Please read all of this information carefully, and feel free to forward this page to anyone who you believe may be affected or is unaware of these PMI-related Exam changes. Otherwise, if you have additional questions regarding the information outlined below, please contact our Customer Service Department at (952) 846-4484 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What Are the Release Dates of the New PMI-Related Exams?
- Are These New Exams a Result of Changes to the PMBOK® Guide?
- Are There Changes to the Eligibility Criteria, Application Process, or Passing Score?
- Are There Updated Products I Should Use to Prepare for the New PMP® Exam?
What Are the Release Dates of the New PMI-Related Exams?
As announced by PMI, new versions of their professional examinations will begin being administered on the following dates, per credential:
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) Examination Update on July 31st, 2013
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) Examination Update on July 1st, 2013
- Program Management Professional (PgMP®) Examination Update on July 31st, 2013
- Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP®) Examination Update on August 31st, 2013
- Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP®) Examination Update on August 31st, 2013
Are These New Exams a Result of Changes to the PMBOK® Guide?
Yes. Exam takers after the dates per exam listed above should plan to reference A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge—Fifth Edition (2013) released by PMI in January 2013.
Are There Changes to the Eligibility Criteria, Application Process, or Passing Score?
According to PMI, the education and experience requirements that define the eligibility for the current examinations remain appropriate and have not changed. However, PMI did not address changes to the passing score. If you have heard differently or have documentation that this is not the case, please contact RMC immediately at (952) 846-4484 or email us at email@example.com.
Are There Updated Products I Should Use to Prepare for the New PMP® Exam?
Yes. Any students planning to sit for the exam on or after July 31st, 2013 should use RMC's upcoming Eighth Edition materials, which will be available soon. If you plan to take the PMP Exam prior July 31st, 2013 should prepare using our current Seventh Edition materials, which are currently available. Please review the details below for your PMP Exam Preparation options from RMC Project Management:
- Self-Study—Book, Flashcards and Exam Simulation Software
- Classroom Training—2-Day PMP® Exam Prep or 4-Day Accelerated PMP® Exam Prep
- Self-Directed E-Learning—180 days of unlimited access and 35 Contact Hours
Again, if you have questions regarding any of this information, please contact RMC immediately at (952) 846-4484 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!