PMI-ACP® Exam Prep Course (3 Days)
|Type: Certification Exam Prep||Duration: 3 Days – 8:00 am to 4:00 pm|
|Audience: PMs||Contact Hours/PDUs: 21|
|Public or Private: Both||
- Course Policies
- Course Guarantee
- Onsite & Corporate Training
- International Training Providers
- Refer a Friend to an RMC Course
- View All Instructor-Led Courses
This accelerated learning course is designed to help you prepare for the new PMI-ACP® Agile Certified Practitioner exam—and gain the most understanding with the least amount of study. Developed by a five-person team including four members of the PMI-ACP® Steering Committee, this course is designed to decrease your after-class study time from hundreds of hours to less than 40.
Unique features of this course include games, exercises, case studies and other tools to help you understand—NOT MEMORIZE—the concepts necessary to pass the PMI-ACP® exam. . This course includes the complete PMI-ACP® Exam Prep System a $299 value for free as part of course materials. This Exam Prep System contains one of each of three products—a PMI-ACP® Exam Prep textbook, a copy of PM FASTrack® Exam Simulation Software and one copy of Hot Topics Flashcards.
This course is offered in both public and onsite versions. If interested in hosting an onsite course, please click here to read more about our onsite courses and complete a request form.
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the knowledge and experience requirements for passing the PMI-ACP® certification exam
- Identify where they have the most difficulty passing the exam
- Fill their own personal gaps in project management knowledge and experience
- Develop and execute a Personalized Study Plan for preparing for the PMI-ACP® certification exam
- Reduce their study time in preparing for the exam to less than 40 hours
What to Do Before This Course:
- Document Your Project Experience. The PMI-ACP® exam requires 2000 hours of project experience, and an additional 1500 hours of agile project experience obtained within the last 3 years. As part of preparing for the examination, it is useful to create a timeline and list of projects that will comprise this experience report in preparation for submitting your application to PMI.
- Submit Your Application to PMI to Take the Exam. By the time you complete course, you will be eager to take the exam as soon as possible. Although not required, we strongly suggest that you complete (or at least begin) your online application to take the exam before you take this course. The best way to prepare and submit your application is to do so online by going to the PMI® website. Then, when you have completed studying after the course, you will be ready to pass the exam. Remember that you can begin your application now and finish it later!
What to Bring to This Course:
- A Highlighter
- A Pencil
As mentioned above, complimentary course materials will include PMI-ACP® Exam Prep by Mike Griffiths, PMI-ACP® Exam Flashcards, PM FASTrack® Exam Sim Software for the PMI-ACP® Exam, and additional materials not available to the public. Note that the book itself includes hundreds of pages of detailed review material, including coverage of material not in the PMI-ACP Exam Content Outline—as well as sample exams, exercises and activities.
- Why is Taking this Exam Important?
- Overview of the Exam
- How to study and create a study plan
- Tricks for learning formulas
- Tricks to help you understand how the PMI-ACP® questions are written
- Tricks for shortening your study time
- Tricks for taking the exam
- Tricks for finding holes in your agile project management knowledge
- Reasons people fail the exam and how to make sure you do not do the same
- Exercises to help you understand and conceptualize what you need to know, including those dreaded formulas
- Understanding PMI® -isms
- Detailed coverage of:
- Overview of Agile Methods and the manifesto
- It's All About People: agile engagement models
- Project Initiation: agile chartering, planning, the backlog and stories
- Release Planning: story mapping, estimation, prioritization, release plans
- Iteration Planning: inside an iteration, daily standup
- Agile Execution: project reporting, changes and defects
- Iteration Review: retrospectives, coaching and mentoring
- Building High Performance Teams: servant leadership
- A Catalog of Agile Methods: Scrum, XP, Lean, Kanban, others
- PMI-ACP Special Topics: agile accounting, agile contracts
- Action Plan and Conclusion