100 Things PMs Should Do Before They Die—Live Online
Elaine Marans, PMP
|Time:||10am to 2pm CST|
RMC Project Management is now delivering its most popular advanced project management training classes live and online! Using one of the top online learning facilitation tools in the world, students will experience true, classroom-style learning in front of their own computer. In addition to world-class instruction from experienced instructors, our live online classes will feature live chat, white boards, breakout rooms, file sharing, testing/quizzing, and dozens of other learning-based features.
With all of the craziness that projects usually entail, sometimes we forget to build the team, improve our project management skills, and have fun! Did it ever cross your mind to do something new, maybe in some cases even a little wacky, which will change your style, improve the team, and improve your organization?
During this short, 4-hour course, RMC Senior Instructor Jeff Nielsen will review over a dozen things Project Managers can do to not only improve their projects, but improve themselves as project managers. Join Jeff and other students from around the world to take a hard look at yourself, and see if you can make yourself a more well-rounded project manager—and have fun while doing it!
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Look at their project management style and skills in a new light
- Review possible options for self and organizational improvement
- Utilize improved project management skills on current projects
- Find other techniques to expand their knowledge of PM
- Have more fun managing projects!
- Getting Your Point Across: Asking Questions and Fine-Tuning Your Process
- #4: Include a Visit from Superman
- #6: Cancel a Meeting to See if Anyone Notices
- Minding the Details: Managing with Focus and Planning
- #14: Determine the BCR for all Decisions
- #26: Identify the Sharks
- #28: Say NO Once in Awhile
- Shaping your success: Sharpening Your PM Tools
- #46: Do a Project Outside of Your Field
- #51: Try to Manage a Project Without a WBS
- Leading with a New Perspective: Expanding your Skills and Understanding
- #56: Volunteer to Teach PM to a Non-Profit Organization
- #58: Read a Book on the Part of PM you LEAST Enjoy
- Creating Teamwork: Empowering Team Members to Deliver Results
- #75: Let Go
- #82: Ask a Team Member to Teach You Something
- Taking Care of You: Developing Your Strengths
- #98: Give Yourself a Do-Over
- #100: Define Success
- Conclusion and Wrapup