Making Project Management Work in Your Organization—Live Online
Elaine Marans, PMP
|Time:||10am to 2pm CST|
RMC Project Management is now delivering its most popular advanced project management training classes live and online! Using one of the top online learning facilitation tools in the world, students will experience true, classroom-style learning in front of their own computer. In addition to world-class instruction from experienced instructors, our live online classes will feature live chat, white boards, breakout rooms, file sharing, testing/quizzing, and dozens of other learning-based features.
As an experienced project manager, you know that utilizing sound project management fundamentals and techniques gives you the best chance for success. But in many organizations, getting project management to work the way it needs to work is difficult, and sometimes impossible. Between the people around you who don't practice good PM—and the lack of support from management—how can you be expected to succeed?
If you are struggling to utilize project management fundamentals and techniques within your organization—for whatever reason—this course is key to your future success. This hands-on workshop utilizes group discussion, group problem solving and case studies directly from attendees, and will give you ideas and techniques for utilizing project management within your organization that you can use immediately. This is NOT a 4-hour lecture. The direction of this course is 100% audience-driven, which means no two courses will ever be alike!
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify a variety of ways to make project management work better in their organizations
- Develop a plan to implement consistent and sound PM practices within their organizations
- Gain buy-in from managers and co-workers
- Implement their plan of action quickly and effectively
Although the actual content of the 4-hour course will be primarily audience-driven, the presenter will attempt to cover the following topics:
- Dealing with Virtual Teams
- Handling Unrealistic Schedules
- Managing Scope Change
- Developing Consistent Processes
- Combating Poor Communication
- Overcoming Poor Risk Management
- Building High Performance Teams
- Requirements Definition
- Managing Without Authority
- Setting and Managing Stakeholder Expectations
- Defining the PM's Role in Contract Management
- Acquiring, Assigning and Managing Project Resources